Weekdays in the evening
EducationCentral College - BA, Chemistry
ExperienceCovidien/Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Co., 3900 N. 2nd St., St. Louis, MO 63149. Peptides (2009-2014)
• Synthesized a variety of peptides using SPPS chemistry, linear and cyclic via manual reactors and peptide synthesizer ranging from mg-multigram scale. Peptides were modified on and off resin. Peptides were cleaved using a variety of reagents. Load various resins with the appropriate amino acid.
• Prepared modified phosphoramidites and incorporate those into various DNA sequences.
Pfizer, Inc., 700 Chesterfield Pkwy, Chesterfield, MO 63017. Discovery Medicinal Chemistry (2003-2009).
• Developed SAR around analogs of nitrogen-containing bi-cyclic cores as kinase inhibitors.
• Designed and synthesized peptidomimetic agents for the treatment of osteoarthritis; peptide fragments were prepared via solution and solid phase methods.
• Developed SAR around multi-cyclic analogs as anti-allergy and respiratory agents and scaled-up numerous compounds for advanced evaluation.
• Explored heterocyclic cores in the preparation of anti-inflammatory agents.
• Developed SAR in the triaryl acid series as potential cardiovascular agents.
• Non-steroid tri-cyclic scaffolds were evaluated as anti-inflammatory agents. Parallel methodology was incorporated in the design and synthesis of targets.
Pharmacia Corp., 700 Chesterfield Pkwy, Chesterfield, MO 63017. Discovery Medicinal Chemistry (2001-2003).
• Research efforts included the design and scale-up of a fully modular pyrazinone scaffold for library functionalization of anti-thrombotic drug candidates. Process development was accomplished around aryl chloride cross-coupling step. During this process, new cross-coupling methods (Liebeskind-Srogl extension to thiopyrimidines) were developed. Efforts also included amidine cross-coupling in beta amino acid systems, Suzuki couplings and the development of P1 synthons.
Monsanto Co., 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63167. Corporate Research (1989-2001).
• Chemical and Process Technology. Prepared targeted chemotherapeutic agents using bifunctional and/or bioconjugate chemistry concepts to tether active molecules to modified AvB3 antagonists.
• Metal-Mediated Chemistry. Extensive experience in synthetic organic methods development for the preparation of chiral polyfuctionalized macrocyclic ligand systems for transition metal applications. Expertise with linear and cyclic peptide synthesis.
• Metal-Mediated Chemistry. Evaluated new synthetic routes to glyphosate via triarylphosphites.
• Metal-Mediated Chemistry. Developed alternative routes to urethane and polyurethane synthesis via activated carbon dioxide chemistry (ACDC). Experience with C1 CO2 synthon chemistry. Characterized polymers by GPC. Experience with high pressure equipment.
• Metal-Mediated Chemistry. Solid-phase synthesis and purification of modified oligonucleotides as antiviral DNA antisense agents.
Sigma Chemical Co. Box 14508, St Louis, MO 63178. Production I (1981-1989).
• Maintained group production line (nucleotides, nucleosides, bases, and ribose sugars). Developed new products. Trained, supervised, and evaluated new chemists.
10th Grade math, 11th Grade math, 12th Grade math, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Algebra 3/4, College Algebra, Geometry, Linear Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Analytical Chemistry, AP Chemistry, Chemistry, Earth Science, General Chemistry, IB Chemistry HL, IB Chemistry SL, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Science, German, German 1, Latin
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.